Could your Little one use a Big? Enroll Now
We are very excited that you are considering enrolling your child with our agency because friendship is a fun and powerful thing. Experiencing fun activities together and forming a trusting bond with a Big Brother or Big Sister can make a positive difference in your child’s life that will last forever.
Enroll a Child
When it comes to the future of our children and the well-being of our communities, we’re all in this together. So, it should come as no surprise that we need the parents and guardians of Littles to be involved every step of the way, starting with the initial match. Not only will you provide information about your child’s strengths and needs, but you will also approve the selection of the Big Brother or Big Sister. Once the match is made, you remain closely involved in many ways, including:
- Approving activities and outings for your child and their Big
- Asking your child questions about those outings and sharing what you learn with the staff
- Reporting your child’s progress and milestones to your Program Coordinator on a regular basis (we will contact you on a regular basis but we welcome your feedback any time)
- Participating in training on child safety offered by Big Brothers Big Sisters staff and communicating with your child about the training he or she receives
Program Requirements for Littles
Must be 6-16 years old. Must be interested in having a mentor. Must be willing and able to comply with all agency policies. Must be able to demonstrate the ability to bond with an adult.
The safety of your child is your highest priority. It’s no different here at Big Brothers Big Sisters of Tucson.
Making the best possible match between Little and Big is critical to the growth and development of a child. But, before we begin the matching process, we start by thoroughly screening potential Bigs. Our extensive screening process includes:
- Completion of a formal written application
- Background and reference checks
- An in-person interview
- An orientation and training process that outlines the individualized needs of your child, and provides information and resources on how to encourage your child’s development.
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Tucson also provides child safety tips to you and your child and we welcome your questions and feedback. Throughout the life of the match, our professional staff will be in ongoing communication with you, your child and your child’s Big. It’s the best way to build a strong relationship that will have the greatest impact on your child’s future success
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Tucson—changing the lives of our children, for the better, forever.